It’s no secret that there is no universal formula for an ideal mobile application. Companies around the world are trying to find a unique bunch of components that, like a puzzle will make up a magic combination, putting a spell on players around the world. So what is this ultimate combination?
Especially for our players, we decided to weigh up all the "pros and cons" of applications that inspired the creators of Dinomess Game - Pokémon GO and Jurassic World - and find the golden mean.
The game brought a brand new gaming experience for all mobile phones users, who have witnessed its meteoric rise, unprecedented in the history of gaming industry.
The popular franchise, which made childhood memories of several generations, is a new adventure games format.
The main goal of the game is well-known: to catch magical creatures - Pokémon - in the real world. This is implemented through using augmented reality technology, which overlays a digital pocket monster onto the real world, using the camera of your smartphone. The feeling that Pikachu is right next to you, so easy to touch is stunningly real. This is exactly what every fan of the famous cartoon dreamed of–to step into the main characters’shoes and make their own collection of Pokémon. However, the enthusiasm somewhat faded when the well-heeled players having achieved a certain level came to a dead-lock, as there were actually no Pokémon to catch. The interest sinking, game developers were faced up with a challenge to introduce additional motivating attributes.
A detailed examination of the Pokémon GO mechanics has given us food for thought: it would be a good idea to make a closer socialization, which is known to maintain players’ interest. Moreover, the battles between Pokémon taking place exclusively within the Clubs are quite trivially implemented. Real PvP battles between rivals from different parts of the world would definitely not be amiss. Given the global reach of the game, this factor is an unfortunate omission of Pokémon GO creators.
A classic example when a great idea, put into life by a brilliant director and a cast in a super successful Hollywood film, has been equally well implemented in a mobile game. The popular city builder genre (in this case Dinosaur Park) is a perfect match for a great concept of the game. A powerful mechanics of fighting dinosaurs are the winning move to retain active players. On the one hand, there is a wide range of various animals available, and a user-friendly system of their acquisition and level-up, on the other hand the players always have the opportunity to wind down by decorating and the developing their dinosaur park.
Missions are also a notably wise feature, as they do not allow the player to lay back and forget about the game. In our opinion, Jurassic is an example of an excellent, well-balanced game with virtually no drawbacks.
As for those few negative points, they might be regarded as drawbacks from the point of view of the user. Rapid progress, which the player gets used to after the first couple of sessions, in the course of the park development gradually but noticeably slows down. It gets very disturbing and tedious to wait for the next batch of food or coins to upgrade a dinosaur or to fight in a battle. In terms of profits, this approach is clear - the game encourages purchasing. On the other hand, as soon as the player adds money into the account (for example, joins a VIP account) he becomes a god for a while and has considerable advantage over ordinary users, which raises a question about the unfair fights between players of different levels.
Probably there is no developer who would not play games, and we are no exception. Of course, as the people immersed into this field, it’s hard to take a fresh look at the game from the average player’s perspective. Computer artists notice graphic techniques, developers – FPS sagging and smooth slicing, game designers - Core and Meta gameplay. Inspired by the mentioned projects, we have created our own game - Dinomess.
We have tried to make use of the most outstanding features to please even highly exigent players. In Dinomess you also travel in the real world and catch creatures - dinosaurs. Unlike Pokémon, we have made, as we think, a more convenient map that does not require large hardware expenses. The capture process is also not very tricky, as Dinomess is focused not on collecting a complete set of species (even though it is included in the list of potential tasks of the player), but on dinosaur’s battles. To go to the next level and, accordingly, to improve performance, users need to generate DNA with the help of special charges. And in order to bring them to a qualitatively new level - we use merging mechanics (merging of two dinosaurs of equal level for getting an upgraded one).
Unlike Jurassic Park, we decided to give the players a chance to distribute attack and health points themselves, when they achieve a new level, which significantly diversifies upgrading strategies. This means you can create unique dinosaurs with special characteristics. As a result, the battles become more fascinating and enthralling. Therefore, each user is provided with the means to create truly unique and the extremely appealing creatures. Also, we do not limit the battle areas only to particular locations, as in Pokémon – our motto is "Dino Hunters all over the world, let’s teem up! Compete, win, become the leader of your clan!"
We redefined the concept of the Pokémon Club, turning our analogue - Dino Arena – into a unique and eventful place. We cannot unveil all the plans for future releases, but let's say that Dino Arena will become the main attraction not only for those determined to conquer it (and it is almost the only source of premium currency in the game), but also for other players - thanks to some special features currently in development.
In general, the presence of a location based chat, wheel of fortune with daily free prizes, the daily missions and world events, allow us to focus on a good retention in the game. All these mechanics increase engagement and let players with different personalities find something to their liking. Creating a qualitatively new game, meeting every possible demand of all users - the primary task Dinomess developers are committed to.
We can’t help mentioning the non-gaming aspect of our project, as we consider ourselves to be among the pioneers in this field. We follow an excellent example set by Pokémon, using game technology as a means of attracting users and the public attention to other things in life. We are preparing an initiative on edutainment - cooperation with museums, exhibitions and public events. We are convinced that an innovative look at the educational processes has long been a necessity of the modern society. We are developing a special Dinomess gadget, useful not only as a gaming supplement, but also as a handy device in everyday life. Moreover, AR-mechanisms development is an advanced tool for the development of business environment. We will provide small and medium business entities, connected to a location with complete and simple solutions for attracting new customers with the help of our game. Of course, branding of game objects, a special dinosaur with unique features, and a sponsored mission - all these marketing activities are planned to be publicly available to everyone.
In conclusion we would say that Dinomess is the place where the well - remembered and dear (dinosaurs) meets with the innovative and thrilling (augmented reality and geo targeting). And we are confident that the synergy and balance of these components is a unique selling point of Dinomess Game.
Last Update: October 5, 2016
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SERVICE CONTENT, AND USER SUBMISSIONS. Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Service, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, downloads and other files, is the property of Openledger and is protected by Denmark and international copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property laws. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies which market or license those products. Our policy is to decline use of our trademarks and copyrights. You acknowledge and accept that you have no property or other rights in any content on the Service, including but not limited to content that you may have created or developed including, screen names, game scores, the content of chats and other messages submitted to a Service or to us directly.
All communications, solicited feedback, and other materials submitted to the Service (by email or otherwise) are non-confidential and non-proprietary. By submitting material to the Service, you give up any claims that the use of that material violates any of your rights, including moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary rights, publicity rights, rights to credit for material or ideas or any other right, including the right to approve the way such material is used. Additionally, you grant us and any successors and assigns a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, transmit, copy and display such submitted information and material in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised and represent that you have all necessary rights in such posting.
No further consideration or compensation will be given for any materials or information (including but not restricted to creative, financial, business, commercial, etc.); submitted in any manner. It's also important to the success of a number of our Services that any errors or problems you discover are confidentially reported to Customer Service directly so we can address them as quickly as possible. Visit https://dinomess.com/ for information on how to contact us.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by any third-parties on the Service represent their own views and not those of Openledger. You should not rely on such opinions, advice or other information. Neither Openledger nor any of its affiliates or their respective agents, directors, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, officers and/or affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any decisions made based on such information.
4. COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT CLAIMS. If you believe a portion of the Service infringes your copyright and you wish to file a copyright infringement notification with us, please visit https://dinomess.com/ for directions on submitting a copyright infringement notice to us.
5. USER RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS. These Terms grant permission to you, in your individual capacity, to use the content of Service made available to you for personal, noncommercial home use only. In no instance may you:
Furthermore, you will comply with all applicable laws and legal obligations, including those pertaining to such areas as: copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. Violations of applicable laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal prosecution and penalties.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary included in these Terms, we may at any time, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your access to some or all of the Service and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service at any time.
6. CONDUCT AND COMMUNITY STANDARDS. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any material to the Service that could: (i) interfere with anyone else's use of the Service; (ii) be considered abusive, illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, or threatening in any way; (iii) encourage anyone to break the law; (iv) violate anyone's copyright or other property right; (v) interfere with the privacy of any other user; (vi) contain a virus or any other harmful component; or (vii) contain false or misleading statements of fact or descriptions of the origin of the material or the communication.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review bulletin boards, chatrooms, discussions, postings, transmissions, and the like on the Service, we are under no obligation to do so, and assume no liability or responsibility arising from the contents of any such communications. We may change, edit, or remove any user material or conversations that we deem illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, or otherwise violating our policies in any way. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
7. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. The Service may contain links to third party websites, services and platforms that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for content on a site operated by a third party, including content on a site operated by a distributor who links to the Service with Openledger’s consent. Furthermore, we are not responsible for maintaining any materials referenced from another site, and makes no warranties for that site or this Service in such context. Additionally, certain features in the Service may require you to register certain information, including game ID number, 3rd party account information ( like iTunes or Google Play account information), to participate in certain features of the Service. We are not responsible for any failure of such hardware, software, or services, including any damage to game data or game points, etc.
8. VIRTUAL CONTENT. We may, at various times, permit you to use “real world” money to buy Virtual Content. "Virtual Content" is a generic term for the products and services available to users free of charge, via code card redemption, or for purchase within the Service which may be used within the Service to access certain features, functions, and other Virtual Content. Virtual Content includes but is not limited to, in-Service Virtual Currency like Dino markers. Certain features in the Services may be unavailable if not purchased.
We may, from time to time, and at our sole discretion, provide opportunities for users to acquire certain Virtual Content free of charge, at reduced rates, or as bonus content when you acquire other Virtual Content or real world content. You may only acquire Virtual Content in the amount and at times permitted by us in our sole discretion and may only purchase Virtual Content for your personal use within the Service. The inclusion of any Virtual Content at a particular time does not imply or warrant that the same Virtual Content will be available at any or all times. All features, content, capabilities, and specifications of Virtual Content described or depicted in the Service are subject to change at any time without notice.
Virtual Content does not have monetary value, and may not be redeemed for legal currency, services, or items of value outside of the Services. Virtual Content obtained via the Service is provided to you under a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use within the Service. You have no property interest; right or title in or to any Virtual Content appearing or originating in the service, and Virtual Content may not be transferred or resold in any manner not explicitly permitted by us. We may terminate your license to Virtual Content at any time and at our sole discretion.
9. PURCHASING VIRTUAL CONTENT. For all charges for any Virtual Content sold on the Service, we, or payment processor acting on our behalf, will bill your credit card or alternative payment method. All prices for Virtual Content are displayed excluding taxes. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an account registered to you. In the event that your credit card or alternative payment provider refuses to pay us for an amount credited to your account, we will have the right to delete the Virtual Content or the products or services purchased with such Virtual Content from your account. You agree that you will not cancel or reverse any charges for such Virtual Content or otherwise attempt to defraud us. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses.
ALL PURCHASES OF VIRTUAL CONTENT ARE NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. If you redeem Virtual Currency to purchase in-game virtual items, you lose any statutory right of withdrawal because we begin performing our services upon your redemption of Virtual Currency for Virtual Content. If through some problem with your account or any other reason you lose Virtual Content and we can verify that you had it, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to replace them.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL CONTENT WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY. Certain jurisdictions may provide additional statutory rights, including a Cooling-Off Period which allows you to withdraw from a purchase. Nothing herein is meant to limit your return or cancellation rights for your purchase of Virtual Content under local law.
10. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE SERVICE. We may, from time to time, issue patches or updates for portions of the Service which must be installed to continue using those portions of the Service. You consent to receive and install those patches and updates in order to continue using the Service. You also accept that all or portions of the Service may experience server issues that make it temporarily unavailable, and that we may in our sole discretion and without notice terminate all or any part of the Service. You accept that you will have no recourse of any kind against us even if this causes you to lose a match, to lose Virtual Content, or to have no further access to all or part of the Service.
11. DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOUR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE, AND THAT NEITHER OPENLEDGER NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OPENLEDGER’S NEGLIGENCE, WILL OPENLEDGER OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RELATED TO (A) THE USE OF, (B) THE INABILITY TO USE, OR (C) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS AND FUNCTIONS OF THIS SERVICE, EVEN IF OPENLEDGER OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF OPENLEDGER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT) EXCEED $100.00. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY AND REMEDY LIMITATIONS LISTED ABOVE ARE A CONDITION OF US MAKING THE SERVICE AVAILABLE TO YOU. WITHOUT THEM, WE WOULD NOT AND COULD NOT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE. You accept that if we discover that you have violated any portion of these Terms, we may take any step we deem appropriate including but not limited to terminating your GeoGame Account and access to the Services. You acknowledge that if that happens, you will not receive any reimbursement or other compensation for any items that may be associated with your account at the time of termination.
12. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Openledger and its affiliates and their respective agents, directors, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, officers and/or affiliates (collectively, "Indemnified Parties"), harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and costs), incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. Openledger reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you will not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Openledger.
13. GENERAL PROVISIONS. These Terms, our Privacy Policies, and any additional terms posted on this Service together constitute the entire agreement between Openledger and you with respect to your use of this Service. Any cause of action you may have related to your use of this Service must be commenced within 1 year after the claim or cause of action arises. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of this agreement, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark