Dinosaurs could take home the Oscar for the ‘Most Mysterious Creatures That Every Lived.’ Every day, scientists and researchers discover new secrets surrounding these creatures, who lived long before human beings. Especially for DinoMess fans, we have prepared these ‘Top Facts’ about Dinosaurs that you always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask.
P.S. For real Dinosaur Lovers only!
Most predators walked on two feet. With their hands free, they grabbed their prey and moved very fast. Herbivores used four feet to carry their heavy bodies. Of course, some of them could balance on two feet, but only for a short period of time.
What skin color did dinosaurs have? Some scientists believe that dinosaurs had colorful skin, but paleontologists don`t know for sure. It’s likely that most dinosaurs had green and brown scales to hide among plants and trees.
Do you know that the smallest dinosaur egg found was only 1 inch long and weighed 75 grams? It is still unclear which species it belonged to. In contrast to this, the largest dinosaur eggs were found in Asia and belonged to a predator named Segnosaurus (“slow lizard”). The eggs are around 19 inches long.
Scientists believe that some dinosaurs were cold blooded, others warm blooded, and there were some that belonged to neither group. For instance, predators were supposed to be mostly warm blooded. The herbivores were less active and were probably cold blooded. This is based on the fact that a warm-blooded animal needs approximately 10 times more food than a cold-blooded animal of the same size.
Although Australia’s landscape is not favorable for preserving the remains of dinosaurs, dinosaur bones and fossils have been discovered in every Australian state and territory apart from Tasmania and the Northern Territory.
Micropachycephalosaurus, meaning "tiny thick-headed lizard", was the longest dinosaur genus. The first dinosaur belonging to the genus was found in China in 1978 and got its name from the Chinese paleontologist Dong.
How old are dinosaurs? There is no definite answer, but the oldest dinosaurs known lived 230 million years ago and were found in Madagascar, Africa.
The smallest brain of any known dinosaur belonged to Stegosaurus. Despite the fact that its body was rather large (it was the size of a van), its brain was no bigger than a walnut. And the dinosaur with the thickest skull was Pachycephalosaurus – its skull was 8 inches thick.
Find more interesting & awesome facts about Dinosaurs with the DinoMess Game and meet all of these creatures face to face.
Edutainment is very simple, you know?
Last Update: October 5, 2016
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SERVICE CONTENT, AND USER SUBMISSIONS. Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Service, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, downloads and other files, is the property of Openledger and is protected by Denmark and international copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property laws. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies which market or license those products. Our policy is to decline use of our trademarks and copyrights. You acknowledge and accept that you have no property or other rights in any content on the Service, including but not limited to content that you may have created or developed including, screen names, game scores, the content of chats and other messages submitted to a Service or to us directly.
All communications, solicited feedback, and other materials submitted to the Service (by email or otherwise) are non-confidential and non-proprietary. By submitting material to the Service, you give up any claims that the use of that material violates any of your rights, including moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary rights, publicity rights, rights to credit for material or ideas or any other right, including the right to approve the way such material is used. Additionally, you grant us and any successors and assigns a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, transmit, copy and display such submitted information and material in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised and represent that you have all necessary rights in such posting.
No further consideration or compensation will be given for any materials or information (including but not restricted to creative, financial, business, commercial, etc.); submitted in any manner. It's also important to the success of a number of our Services that any errors or problems you discover are confidentially reported to Customer Service directly so we can address them as quickly as possible. Visit https://dinomess.com/ for information on how to contact us.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by any third-parties on the Service represent their own views and not those of Openledger. You should not rely on such opinions, advice or other information. Neither Openledger nor any of its affiliates or their respective agents, directors, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, officers and/or affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any decisions made based on such information.
4. COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT CLAIMS. If you believe a portion of the Service infringes your copyright and you wish to file a copyright infringement notification with us, please visit https://dinomess.com/ for directions on submitting a copyright infringement notice to us.
5. USER RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS. These Terms grant permission to you, in your individual capacity, to use the content of Service made available to you for personal, noncommercial home use only. In no instance may you:
Furthermore, you will comply with all applicable laws and legal obligations, including those pertaining to such areas as: copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. Violations of applicable laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal prosecution and penalties.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary included in these Terms, we may at any time, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your access to some or all of the Service and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service at any time.
6. CONDUCT AND COMMUNITY STANDARDS. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any material to the Service that could: (i) interfere with anyone else's use of the Service; (ii) be considered abusive, illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, or threatening in any way; (iii) encourage anyone to break the law; (iv) violate anyone's copyright or other property right; (v) interfere with the privacy of any other user; (vi) contain a virus or any other harmful component; or (vii) contain false or misleading statements of fact or descriptions of the origin of the material or the communication.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review bulletin boards, chatrooms, discussions, postings, transmissions, and the like on the Service, we are under no obligation to do so, and assume no liability or responsibility arising from the contents of any such communications. We may change, edit, or remove any user material or conversations that we deem illegal, indecent, obscene, offensive, or otherwise violating our policies in any way. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
7. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. The Service may contain links to third party websites, services and platforms that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for content on a site operated by a third party, including content on a site operated by a distributor who links to the Service with Openledger’s consent. Furthermore, we are not responsible for maintaining any materials referenced from another site, and makes no warranties for that site or this Service in such context. Additionally, certain features in the Service may require you to register certain information, including game ID number, 3rd party account information ( like iTunes or Google Play account information), to participate in certain features of the Service. We are not responsible for any failure of such hardware, software, or services, including any damage to game data or game points, etc.
8. VIRTUAL CONTENT. We may, at various times, permit you to use “real world” money to buy Virtual Content. "Virtual Content" is a generic term for the products and services available to users free of charge, via code card redemption, or for purchase within the Service which may be used within the Service to access certain features, functions, and other Virtual Content. Virtual Content includes but is not limited to, in-Service Virtual Currency like Dino markers. Certain features in the Services may be unavailable if not purchased.
We may, from time to time, and at our sole discretion, provide opportunities for users to acquire certain Virtual Content free of charge, at reduced rates, or as bonus content when you acquire other Virtual Content or real world content. You may only acquire Virtual Content in the amount and at times permitted by us in our sole discretion and may only purchase Virtual Content for your personal use within the Service. The inclusion of any Virtual Content at a particular time does not imply or warrant that the same Virtual Content will be available at any or all times. All features, content, capabilities, and specifications of Virtual Content described or depicted in the Service are subject to change at any time without notice.
Virtual Content does not have monetary value, and may not be redeemed for legal currency, services, or items of value outside of the Services. Virtual Content obtained via the Service is provided to you under a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use within the Service. You have no property interest; right or title in or to any Virtual Content appearing or originating in the service, and Virtual Content may not be transferred or resold in any manner not explicitly permitted by us. We may terminate your license to Virtual Content at any time and at our sole discretion.
9. PURCHASING VIRTUAL CONTENT. For all charges for any Virtual Content sold on the Service, we, or payment processor acting on our behalf, will bill your credit card or alternative payment method. All prices for Virtual Content are displayed excluding taxes. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an account registered to you. In the event that your credit card or alternative payment provider refuses to pay us for an amount credited to your account, we will have the right to delete the Virtual Content or the products or services purchased with such Virtual Content from your account. You agree that you will not cancel or reverse any charges for such Virtual Content or otherwise attempt to defraud us. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses.
ALL PURCHASES OF VIRTUAL CONTENT ARE NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. If you redeem Virtual Currency to purchase in-game virtual items, you lose any statutory right of withdrawal because we begin performing our services upon your redemption of Virtual Currency for Virtual Content. If through some problem with your account or any other reason you lose Virtual Content and we can verify that you had it, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to replace them.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL CONTENT WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY. Certain jurisdictions may provide additional statutory rights, including a Cooling-Off Period which allows you to withdraw from a purchase. Nothing herein is meant to limit your return or cancellation rights for your purchase of Virtual Content under local law.
10. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE SERVICE. We may, from time to time, issue patches or updates for portions of the Service which must be installed to continue using those portions of the Service. You consent to receive and install those patches and updates in order to continue using the Service. You also accept that all or portions of the Service may experience server issues that make it temporarily unavailable, and that we may in our sole discretion and without notice terminate all or any part of the Service. You accept that you will have no recourse of any kind against us even if this causes you to lose a match, to lose Virtual Content, or to have no further access to all or part of the Service.
11. DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOUR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE, AND THAT NEITHER OPENLEDGER NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OPENLEDGER’S NEGLIGENCE, WILL OPENLEDGER OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RELATED TO (A) THE USE OF, (B) THE INABILITY TO USE, OR (C) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS AND FUNCTIONS OF THIS SERVICE, EVEN IF OPENLEDGER OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF OPENLEDGER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OFFICERS AND/OR AFFILIATES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT) EXCEED $100.00. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY AND REMEDY LIMITATIONS LISTED ABOVE ARE A CONDITION OF US MAKING THE SERVICE AVAILABLE TO YOU. WITHOUT THEM, WE WOULD NOT AND COULD NOT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE. You accept that if we discover that you have violated any portion of these Terms, we may take any step we deem appropriate including but not limited to terminating your GeoGame Account and access to the Services. You acknowledge that if that happens, you will not receive any reimbursement or other compensation for any items that may be associated with your account at the time of termination.
12. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Openledger and its affiliates and their respective agents, directors, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, officers and/or affiliates (collectively, "Indemnified Parties"), harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and costs), incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. Openledger reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you will not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Openledger.
13. GENERAL PROVISIONS. These Terms, our Privacy Policies, and any additional terms posted on this Service together constitute the entire agreement between Openledger and you with respect to your use of this Service. Any cause of action you may have related to your use of this Service must be commenced within 1 year after the claim or cause of action arises. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of this agreement, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark